Encompassed with Snowflakes Mountains, rugged peninsula, glacial lakes and wildlife penguins, the Otago region is one of the beauties in the South Island of New Zealand. But there is more to this region which is their love for soccer. This guide seeks to cover soccer leagues, associations and teams in Otago.
Soccer Evolution in Otago
One of NZ’s oldest football clubs: Roslyn Wakari was founded in 1888 in Otago and it recently celebrated its 131th anniversary. With 590 players comprising of 4 women’s team, 10 senior men’s team and 29 junior teams. They have enjoyed several feats which include being the long time holders of the Hanlon Shield given to the top overall club in performance in Otago.
The ‘Whole of Football Plan’ Concept in Otago
This plan was introduced with the intent of developing football programmes with extensive research for junior framework. This ensures that every child interested in the game will be part of trainings suitable for their ability and age.
The different plans tailored out are:
- First Kicks (Ages 4-6)
- Fun Football (Ages 7-8)
- Mini Football (Ages 9-12)
- Youth Football (Ages 13-19)
Ranking Categories & Teams in South Otago
Category 1. Otago Junior Youth Competitions
- Northern Ninjas
- Hereweka Hammerheads
- Caversham AFC Red 10th Grade
- Maori Hills 10 Red Rangers
- Mosgiel 10th Grade Leopards
- Melchester Rovers Junior Football Club
- Maori Hill 10 Hammers
- Northern Dragons
- Dunedin Tech 10th Maroon
- GI 10 Raptors
- Roslyn Wakari AFC Rovers
- Milton Juniors Soccer Club
- Mosgiel Junior Football
Category 2. Otago Senior Competitions
- Southern United FC
- Wanaka Association Football Club
- Queenstown AFC
- Dunedin Technical Association Football Club
- Green Island Association Football club
- Roslyn Wakari Association Football Club
- Balclutha AFC
- Grants Braes AFC
- Highgate AFC
- Mornington AFC
- Northern AFC
- Habourside FC. Port Chalmers
Ranking Categories & Teams in Central Otago
Category 1. Junior Category
- Queenstown’s Junior FC
- Cromwell Junior FC
Category 2. Senior Category
- Wanaka Associated FC
- Queenstown Rovers FC
- Alexandra United FC
Ranking Teams in North Otago
- Oamaru AFC
- Meadowbank United FC
- Awamao FC
- Riverside Soccer Club
List of Otago’s Top Leagues
- The Kingsgate Women’s Premier League – Women’s 1st Team: James ‘The Chosen One’ Coombes
- The Women’s Division 1 – Women’s 3rd Team
- The Downie Stewart Division 3 – Men’s 5th Team
- The Women’s Division 1 – Northern/Varsity
- The Amalgamated Builders Division 2 – Men’s 3rd Team
- The ODT Football south Premier League – Men’s 1st Team
- The Downie Stewart Division 3 -Men’s 4th Team
- The A J Grant Playgear Division 1 – Men’s 2nd Team
- The Kingsgate Women’s Premier League – Women’s 2nd Team
Soccer Associations in Otago
- Otago University Association Football Club (OUAFC)
- Central Otago Football Association
- Dunedin Technical AFC
- Otago Secondary School Soccer Association, etc
Let your family and friends discover the flavourful taste of coffee from Nespresso capsules NZ. Send them this information and they will surely be delighted.
Sail away with your fully renovated yacht, thanks for the strong commitment of Auckland yacht sails to make it like a brand new one.
Looking for commercial painters Gold Coast who works best in decorative painting applications? RockSolid is perfect for you. They are a team of professionals who can handle a wide range of house painting and commercial painting projects.
Who doesn’t love a clean and well-designed home interior? Italian furniture Newmarket offers elegant furniture that will beautify your home.
When it comes to designing your home, it is essential to seek for expert’s advise. They can give you options that will suit your needs, budget, and taste. Check out http://homesbymaxim.co.nz/home-and-land-packages-christchurch-chch/ for more details.
Removing stains from your clothes can be so time-consuming. Outsource it to a specialist. Contact http://klever.co.nz/north-shore/ to get a quote.
Choose your most enjoyable ride from the best electric scooters you can get in the country. Don’t forget to wear protective gear!
If you are looking for affordable electrical solutions, you also have to make sure that they offer high-quality work. Contact Juice Electrical Christchurch for inexpensive electrical services.
There are different types of marketing strategies we can use for our business. And video marketing is found to be one of the most effective. Experts like video production Auckland provides video and audio production services that will help skyrocket your business.
DWG landscape architects Timaru wants to help you create beautiful outdoor spaces. They can help you plan and design beautiful garden spaces.
Do you regret having your skin tattoed? Don’t worry there is a solution to that. Call tattoo removal Christchurch for further assistance.